Friday, February 1, 2013

Wizard of Oz Dorothy Nails - Orly Quo paint the town red and Sinful Colors Cinderella! Oh my!


I just popped into shoppers drug mart and saw this gorgeous puppy in the clearance section for only $4.99 (original price $10.99). I just couldn't believe it, Orly Paint the Town Red. A little google on it shows it was in a Canadian only released collection of glitters.  I am completely entranced by this polish, the combo of large circle glitters and small glitters just catches my eye and I can't look away. It makes me think of Dorothy's ruby slippers from the wizard of oz. It is super sparkly and I can picture several great manicures with this including the Sparkly red French tips I plan to try sometime.  I decided to go with a bit of a Dorothy theme by starting with a pale blue (sinful colors cinderella, two coats) to mimic her dress.  Then i put one coat of Paint the town red over top and topped it with one coat of seche vite.   I was a tiny bit disapointed in the density of the glitter.  From the look in the bottle I expected it to be very dense and full coverage, but it ended up being more sparse.  It did give a good glitter payout though, enough to only need one coat.  I love the way the nails make me think of Dorothy's dress and shoes.  I am really loving this manicure more and more as I look at it.  Its a great combination.  




No comments:

Post a Comment