Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My First Jelly Sandwich Manicure

I decided today to do a jelly sandwich manicure.  I'd never tried this before, and I dont have a lot of jelly polishes, but I thought I'd give it a shot and I really love it.  Although with any glitter in play, the little glittery bits on the skin are annoying to get off, so I opt to let them come off naturally with hand washing.  Okay, so I watched a youtube video by PackAPunchPolish on this technique before I started.  I then picked my jelly polish.  I chose OPI Mod-Ern Girl.  I started with one coat of basecoat and then one coat of Mod-ern Girl.  At this point it was almost totally sheer.  Then she had said you need a glitter polish with large pieces, so I grabbed my new Quo by Orly polish I picked up the other day, Paint the Town Red.  Since Mod-ern Girl is a orange leaning coral, I thought the red would go pretty great with it, and I was right.  After one coat of the glitter, I put another coat of Mod-ern girl.  The look still wasn't entirely what I was looking for though, not enough glitter, and not jelly enough looking for my tastes.  So i put another layer of glitter, and another coat of Mod-ern Girl.  I topped it with Seche Vite.  I am so far LOVING this look, although with all those coats, the polish is quite thick and I don't know how long it will last before it starts to chip or peel off.  I will definitly try this technique with other colors and glitters in the future. 




No comments:

Post a Comment