Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sinful Colors Cinderella Review and Swatch

Hello everyone,
   So the other day I was down in the states doing some shopping with my boyfriend, and I was in Walgreens,  I think it was Walgreens, and I found myself drawn to this gorgeous baby blue shimmery polish.  I immediately walked over and started doing the "Oh my god I have to have it" dance.  The gorgeous polish was Cinderella by Sinful Colors.  It is a creamy baby blue with a pinky-orangey shimmer in it.  When i first used it I must admit I was a little tiny bit dissapointed.  The formula was a little thin for my liking.  My nails are a little short at the moment, due to some unfortunate Christmas season breakage, and the thinner consistency tends to get a little more on the edges of my fingers.  I also found that the shimmer wasn't as prominent on my nails as it was in the bottle.  That was a bit of a dissapointment because the shimmer is just so gorgeous in the bottle.
   I always start with a base coat of Sally Hansen hard as wraps.  The one in the blue bottle,  I've never tried the pinky one.  It is great.  Its quick drying, smooth, and really does add some serious strength to your nails while protecting them from staining.  This polish took 3 coats to get to get opaque, and with my shorter nails I could have gotten away with 2, since there was no nail line to be visible, but I went with 3 anyways.  I always finish off with my very favorite nail product of ALL TIME, Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat, in the red bottle.  That stuff is magic.  It dries so quickly and allows you to get on with your day. Overall, considering the formula issues, and the lack of translation of the shimmer to the nails, I still give this polish a 4 out of 5.  The color is still so gorgeous its worth fighting a thinner formula for, at least in my opinion.  Just keep some extra precision Q tips or a pointed orangewood stick around to get any stray polish before it dries, since its so much easier to fix as you go, rather than after it dries.
   The first photo is the Hard as Wraps basecoat.  The second photo below is without the flash, and the third photo is with the flash.  I was hoping the shimmer would show up better with the flash.  Ignore the desk, it has a bunch of polish stains from various manicures and when i was swatching my collection this past weekend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment