Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Polish Review and Swatch - Petite Color Fever in Creme Blue and my first time using Seche Vite

So along with my nail and cuticle treatments I picked up one polish.  Its a brand i've never tried before called Petites.  The color is called Creme Blue.  Its a baby blue with a grayish undertone.  As you can tell by the name, its a cream polish.  I found the application to be decent, the formula is a decent consistency, a bit thin and streaky on the first coat but the second coat made it opaque.  The only trouble i had was that the brush was tiny, so you needed to do lots of strokes to cover the nail, and it didnt even itself out very well.  Any extra polish on any one spot didnt flatten out very well and left ridges.  I started off with the NutraNail 5in1 treatment for a basecoat, and then applied two coats of Creme Blue.  I used a nail art brush and dotting tool to add a design in Orly Meet me Under the Misseltoe.  I topped it off with Seche Vite and it was the first time I've ever used Seche Vite.  Normally I use my go-to Sally Hansen Insta Dri.  I think I'll stick to my Insta Dri in future.  Seche Vite dried just as fast, if not faster, but I don't think it gives the same glossiness as the Sally Hansen.  The Insta Dri also feels more hard when dry than the Seche Vite,  stronger almost.  Overall I liked the color of the polish even though its not in my normal spectrum of color, as I tend to be drawn towards the brighter colors than the gray toned colors.  The formula was good, and it didn't take too many coats to be opaque, which made it not too thick on my nails.  The small brush was both a hinderance and a help, as I had to go with more strokes, but the small brush also gave good precision allowing me to stay perfectly away from my cuticles.  I'd say about 3.5/5.  Worth the low price that its sold for at Rite-Aid, I think it was $2.99 regular price (but I got it for 75% off on clearance).  

This is the Color without Flash and without any Topcoat
This is the color with Flash, no Topcoat
 Without Flash, With topcoat and Design in Orly Meet Me Under the Misseltoe
 With Flash, With topcoat and Design in Orly Meet Me Under the Misseltoe


No comments:

Post a Comment